Sunday, March 22, 2009

Web 3.0

Just when I thought I was finally catching on to the term Web2.0 - along comes Web3.0! Now, I'm a bit leary about jumping on the bandwagon with this one - for fear that Web4.0 is just around the corner - but I am willing to give it a try. I did some searching - in hopes of better understanding the concept - and came up with a video that left things clear as mud for me. The lingo seemed a bit complex for this beginner, but here it is in case you wish to give it a try . . .
So, what does all this mean?

Well, from my understanding - Web2.0 allows the user to network, share, publish, participate and interact with others via numerous web-based tools and applications. Web3.0 (Web 3.0 = (4C + P + VS), on the other hand, is another term for a group of applications that will provide the user with more personalized information. Rather than the user searching out the product or information - the information can search out the user - kinda scary!

For those of you who know more about Web3.0 - am I on the right track?

Here is a video that help explain The Semantic Web. It is a bit long but it does provide a pretty good explanation . . .


1 comment:

Kim said...

I think this may be one of many reasons that teachers do not want to try new things. Just as you learn something and perfect everything, something new comes along to quash the old. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water? Why try new things when the tried and true old things SEEM to work?