Thursday, March 26, 2009

It Hit Me!

I have been touched . . . no, not in that way . . . by technology!!!! The most amazing thing happened today.

I needed to pick up ingredients for a recipe we were making in Home Economics this afternoon, but didn't have the recipe with me. After fretting for a bit, I remembered the wiki I am working on for this class - and low and behold - the recipe was there!

At one time, I wondered if the whole wiki creation idea was just 'busy work', or if I'd actually continue with it after this class. Now that I see the value in it , I think I've answered my own question. I can also see how it can fit into my other classes as well. I do, however, still fear the day when someone gets on and deletes everything I've done - now, I do realize that there is a way of preventing this - but I've yet to figure it out!

Thanks for forcing me to expand my repetoire of tools and introducing me to wikis. It is so important to actually experience the benefits something like this can bring to the classroom. I can't wait to introduce the concept to my students!!

2 comments:

Todd Handspiker said...

I know what you mean Leanne. One of the things I most enjoy about Gmail is the ability to search the mail for specific notes/assignments/etc. Many times I have forgotten a specific lesson/note/etc. at home. I log into Gmail and find it there from a previous time I have used it. Technology saves the day!

Mr. Jared Nichol said...

Great use of technology. What is your wiki site name? We have a home economics teacher at Grand Centre High School who is thinking of using a wiki and I'd like to share your site with her!