Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Playing

Since tonight's class was all about our learning thus far in class, I thought I'd take some time to experiment with a few of the tools/applications discussed during the course. I'd like to share some of my experiments with you - in the hope that you may find a purpose for their use.


This photo was from The Hero Factory and I'm quite sure students would love to play with all the choices. Yep . . . the hero is supposed to be me - can you see the resemblance?








Here is yet another attempt at creating myself - in the likeliness of Homer Simpson - using ToonDoo. My personal opinion - wow - it takes a looong time to figure it out! I didn't find it overly user friendly - as a matter of fact - it frustrated me. Sad to admit - but I think I'll have to get an elementary kid to explain it to me! I hope you have better luck than me!




Now this was easy to use and fun! Switchzoo has a number of activities that would hold younger people's interest. I plan on using this when I teach a French unit on animals with the Grade 5s. There are even some pretty cool games that had me thinking!






Wordle: it

Wordle is amazing! You can do so many neat projects with it! I highly recommend you trying it with your students - or even for yourself!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Are you planning to use the Hero Factory superhero as your new avatar?